Launchpad North Tyneside is an independent user-led group by and for people who currently or in the past have used mental health services or who would be seen as eligible to do so. We provide opportunities for service users and survivors in North Tyneside to work together to develop a collective voice, share opinions and insights in safe, friendly spaces.
We believe that those who use or have used mental health services should learn from and be shaped by people’s collective experiences of using them and that this will make services better meet the needs of those who use them.
Launchpad North Tyneside us a community development aims to strengthen people’s social networks, enable mutual aid and empower them to take more control of their lives. It can also work to lessen inequalities and to reduce the stigma attached to mental health problems.
Launchpad North Tyneside is involved in the design, delivery and evaluation of mental health services and works to ensure the voices of service users and survivors are heard by those who make decisions about mental health services in North Tyneside.
We aim to:
- Offer opportunities for service users and survivors to be informed, involved and engaged
- Strengthen social networks
- Provide opportunities for people to have more control of their lives
- Provide spaces for service users and survivors to be heard
- Promote the views and opinions of service users and survivors
- Work in collaboration with other user networks, service providers and commissioners
- Improve user involvement in North Tyneside
- Keep service users up to date about changes to mental health services
- Provide opportunities to be involved in interesting activities and events with people with similar interests (examples include World Mental Health Day celebrations, creative writing workshops, setting up, assisting or attending peer support groups)
- Enable mutual aid
- Offer support and advice about the services that may be able to help you
- Lessen inequalities and reduce the stigma attached to mental health problems